Sign in to follow this  
wetwill

Missed Opportunity for Second Hand Shorts

I’m always reading all sorts of stories of people that steal pairs of shorts from roommates, friends, laundry rooms, etc. While I do see something kind of hot in it, I think it’s somewhat unethical to nick someone’s shorts, and I’m not brazen enough to do it, until today.

So one of the guys at work is absolutely hot. Well built, tall, good looking, etc. He’s leaving the company, so today he was cleaning out his desk. One drawer he opened up, pulled out a pair of yellow basketball shorts and a water bottle, and without looking chucked them in the garbage can. From what I saw of them they looked perfectly fine, not quite sure why he chucked them out, thinking that he’s in the middle of a move and couldn’t be bothered.

Right in the middle of this office of seven, in this garbage can, lay a wonderfully sexy pair of basketball shorts from a well built jock that I knew HAD TO BE MINE. No problem I thought. The cleaners normally go through in the evening, so I just have to stay at work a little later than everyone else, quickly yank them from the trash, and they’re mine.

Lunch rolls by; I take a peak in the garbage can. Under a banana peel, some wrappers and coffee cups, I still saw the sparkling yellow material peaking out. No one else has nicked them. The fact that they are covered in garbage wasn’t going to slow me down.

Mid afternoon rolls by and the worst case scenario happens. The cleaners came early and there were still other people in the office. I could do nothing but sit there helpless as the bag was changed in the garbage can.

The worst of it was he had stopped working there a couple weeks ago, and just came to pick up his stuff. I already thought he was gone for good. Had I known that he left a present in his desk, I would have searched it earlier.

Industrial environment. He either wore them under his coveralls, or was planning on going to a gym after work.

Thinking of a career change based solely on being able to go to work in bball shorts?

that sucks. i can relate to a missed opportunity like that...

i like to help friends move cuz its a good way to get free stuff esp secondhand clothes u know your buddy wore! So i was helping this buddy of mine in college move out at the end of the semester. it was like the last day he had so he was trying to pack all his stuff fast. he had the last of his clothes folded up in trash bags and I was helping him carry them to his car. i really wanted to take something cuz hes a total surfer/skater and my size but he was my bro, so I wasnt going to steal.

we went back up to his apartment and it was a total mess from moving stuff. i asked if i could help and he said yeah, theres more stuff to take down and i followed him in his room. there was still a bunch of clothes on the floor, all the stuff from under the bed or behind the dresser: jeans, couple of hurley and billabong shirts, oneill boardies, volcom boardies, and various bunched-up boxers and dirty socks. he started to pack all of this into another trash bag and figured thats the one he wanted me to take to his car, so i'd take something from there figuring its nothing he'd miss... but he then started throwing garbage into the bag off the floor, and then dumped his bathroom trash into it! I was going to say something but felt weird asking for his clothes out of the bag now. He then called out to his roommate, 'hey dude, you got any trash cuz im taking it down' and hands off the bag to his buddy who starts chucking half-full energy drink cans and tacobell wraps not seeing (or caring) that theres boardies and shirts in there!

had i known he was just gonna throw them out i wouldve asked but it was too late and they got ruined

Industrial environment. He either wore them under his coveralls, or was planning on going to a gym after work.

Thinking of a career change based solely on being able to go to work in bball shorts?

Not really, realistic in this country. I was in California in springtime and things are really diffrent over there, so yeah, why not move over ;-)