Lee249

Who Drives On Sw?

I have taken driving lessons in the hope of getting out on the road. Am tired of always relying on buses. The buses are great but the fares are astronomical!

Do you guys drive? :)

Guest blade

From the day that I had the legal age to take driving lessons.. And once you finally do get out on the road it's great, after a couple of years you'll probably moan about being stuck in traffic and such all the time.. :P

Guest Fabik
The buses are great but the fares are astronomical!

I don't know about in your country, but in mines it's the price you have to pay to get driving lessons and a driving license with are astronimical. My driving licence is, by far, the object that I own that costed me the most.

And I passed it last year by the way, but I rarely drive.

And once you finally do get out on the road it's great, after a couple of years you'll probably moan about being stuck in traffic and such all the time..

In fact I'm moan about being stuck in the traffic in the buses who are late so I got an electric bike - problem solved (exept when it's raining).

I can drive, i learnt to drive when i was about 18 and passed my test about 6 months later, and have never looked back since, gives you so much freedom to go wherever and whenever you want.

Although the cost of motoring is getting expensive these days, insurance for young new male drivers can be very high, as well as price of petrol keeps rising.

But hey Lee it is very rewarding i promise you.

I cannot drive yet, but I will be taking lessons soon as I will be able to in as soon as a year. I can't wait! I want a BMW 3er, Volvo S60, or a Mercedes C-Class (all astronomically unlikely, LOL). :D

Edited by JustinKool

I can drive and have a car, but i rarely do, because everything is easily in range by foot or it is more comfortable to take the train.

Got my driving license from my parents for not smoking till i was 18.

I don't. Not worth me paying the ridiculous costs to learn + insure a car in the UK. I live 10 minutes away from a train station which gets me everywhere I need to at the moment.

ive been driving since i was 17 got a job at 20 as a paramedic so with it came a set of wheels for work and when i do have to get to somewhere fast (calls only) i do get to use the lights and sirens and leave the rest of the people stuck in traffic and speed and i love it. if you guys see an emergency vehicle coming towards you please move right as we might have to use the other side as well it makes our job easier and safer if you make way for us to pass safely :P and to you learners remember failure to move for emergency vehicle is an offence

Guest Fabik
I can drive, i learnt to drive when i was about 18 and passed my test about 6 months later, and have never looked back since, gives you so much freedom to go wherever and whenever you want.

Depending on where you live, it could be the exact opposite. In cities there is traffic jams all the times and zero place to park the car so I think it's totally masochist to use a car and a bike is the only way to have real freedom.

In the countryside however the distances becomes pretty big quickly so what you says is totally right.

ive been driving since i was 17 got a job at 20 as a paramedic so with it came a set of wheels for work and when i do have to get to somewhere fast (calls only) i do get to use the lights and sirens and leave the rest of the people stuck in traffic and speed and i love it. if you guys see an emergency vehicle coming towards you please move right as we might have to use the other side as well it makes our job easier and safer if you make way for us to pass safely :tongue_smilie: and to you learners remember failure to move for emergency vehicle is an offence

In England if we move right the emergency vehicle will most likely be very pissed off :P

Hahahaha funny! So you do know how to change a tire? Hehe. Ok am sorry that was way below the belt! Like the pun? I'm in such a cheeky mood lol. Uh oh bang goes me first sw warning :P

Yeah so there, cant blame me lol! The scumbags that are around!

This is a pic of it:

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

So yeah wasnt happy! BUT it gave me a excuse to buy some new alloys :P Much nicer ones lol

Guest CWolf

Wouldn't mind one of those.

To answer the initial question I do drive and am a licensed commercial driver. Mainly drove buses but also did trucking for a few years.

Now I am in IT go figure...

CWolf

I drive, and own a vehicle. I got my license when i was 17, did the drivers training which helps with decreasing your insurance premiums. But owning and insuring a vehicle is pretty expensive, now factor in the price of gas currently and any maintainance that may be required adds up quick!! but when i did get my license i havent taken public transit since that day. I currently hold an "A" class license in Ontario which lets me drive a tractor trailer, which i do daily! In the states that license is refered to as a commercial drivers license for you americans on the site. But driving is very fun so i believe everyone needs their license!

Yea I drive, been driving since I was 19. Parents got me my past 2 cars and on my way to getting a new model later this year. Nissan guy I am XD been in minor accidents but nothing major besides falling asleep on the wheel and walking away with minor scratchers but my car was a write-off =\

I got my licence when I turned 16. I know people who didn't get it till later on when they required it, and other people at 28 still without one.

They may not be needed in cities with good transit systems, but the town I live in is 1.5h from a real city and has no transit and my work is 15km from town so I need a car.

I recommend people get a licence early, take drivers ed(for insurance break and save parents sanity), and get and stay listed as a secondary driver on your parents car. That way if you eventually buy your own car, insurance won't be rediculous.