What Is The Weather Like Where You Are?

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Windy. I'm not just taking about certain people blowing their trumpets haha 

It's just like a summers day here whoop, whoop  some fine sag sightings would make the weather oh so much hotter  

Blue & clear perfect! 

Posted Images

Yesterday was interesting… we got sunny, warm (50-65 degrees F)… felt like spring for sure! Now it’s raining like f*ck! Thankfully I’m off today, just relaxing at home.

• 2 weeks later...

Good day with lighter winds but still cool & sunny.

Predicted to become much warmer after the weekend which is marvelous! ☀️

4 hours ago, Astg94 said:

Same here! Today is cool and sunny day! Yesterday was a rainy and crappy day!

We all have crappy days mate lol 

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Astg94 said:

Sunny up here… got a lot of heat outside in the last couple days, but now cooling down… strange F*cking temperature!!

Sure that's not the flapjacks baking in that marvelous oven of yours 😋

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, Lee249 said:

Sure that's not the flapjacks baking in that marvelous oven of yours 😋

Tbh, I never made flapjacks, but definitely not 😂🤣

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Astg94 said:

Tbh, I never made flapjacks, but definitely not 😂🤣

I bet you'd make some delish ones 👌 Please dig out the recipe just for me I'm submitting a request 😁

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Lee249 said:

I bet you'd make some delish ones 👌 Please dig out the recipe just for me I'm submitting a request 😁

INGREDIENTS

100g golden syrup

100g demerara sugar

125g unsalted butter, diced

250g rolled porridge oats

75g mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, golden linseed and sesame)

¼ tsp ground ginger

pinch of salt

EQUIPMENT

You will also need:

20cm square baking tin

METHOD

Step 1
Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4 and line the base and sides of the baking tin with baking paper.

Step 2
To make it easy to measure golden syrup from a tin, first heat a tablespoon in a mug of boiling water for a minute before using. If you have digital scales, place a small pan on the scales, making sure they are registering zero, and use the hot spoon to scoop the syrup from the tin and into the pan. Re-set the scales to zero and add the demerara sugar and unsalted butter. Set the pan over a low heat to melt the butter and dissolve the sugar. Stir until smooth and remove from the heat.

Step 3
Mix the porridge oats, mixed seeds, ginger and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the melted butter mixture and stir well to thoroughly combine. Spoon into the prepared tin and press level with the back of a spoon.

Step 4
Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20–25 minutes, until starting to firm, remembering to use the shorter cooking time for more chewy flapjacks and the longer time if you prefer them crisper. The flapjacks will firm up and crisp as they cool.

Step 5
Remove from the oven and mark the flapjack into squares. Cool in the tin on a wire rack.

BIB_Flapjacks_1024x450_2.png

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Astg94 said:

INGREDIENTS

100g golden syrup

100g demerara sugar

125g unsalted butter, diced

250g rolled porridge oats

75g mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, golden linseed and sesame)

¼ tsp ground ginger

pinch of salt

EQUIPMENT

You will also need:

20cm square baking tin

METHOD

Step 1
Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4 and line the base and sides of the baking tin with baking paper.

Step 2
To make it easy to measure golden syrup from a tin, first heat a tablespoon in a mug of boiling water for a minute before using. If you have digital scales, place a small pan on the scales, making sure they are registering zero, and use the hot spoon to scoop the syrup from the tin and into the pan. Re-set the scales to zero and add the demerara sugar and unsalted butter. Set the pan over a low heat to melt the butter and dissolve the sugar. Stir until smooth and remove from the heat.

Step 3
Mix the porridge oats, mixed seeds, ginger and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the melted butter mixture and stir well to thoroughly combine. Spoon into the prepared tin and press level with the back of a spoon.

Step 4
Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20–25 minutes, until starting to firm, remembering to use the shorter cooking time for more chewy flapjacks and the longer time if you prefer them crisper. The flapjacks will firm up and crisp as they cool.

Step 5
Remove from the oven and mark the flapjack into squares. Cool in the tin on a wire rack.

BIB_Flapjacks_1024x450_2.png

Thanks for that Andrew ❤️ got oats stuck in my teeth haha. It was so sweet of you to do that for me bless ya x 

• Care 1
  • 1 month later...

Muggy & breezy. It's been barmy this summer for us Brits seems like one constant heatwave. Just experienced our dryest July on record 🔥☀️