Sagger and Ballet Dancer? Questioning Stereotypes. A Study in Long Ass Titles.

I've always felt like a bit of an odd duck.

My interests have never seemed to have any relation to each other. Said interests include Sagging, Classic films, Opera, Musical Theatre, Hairdressing, Sewing, Art, and Ballet.

The most important I would say is ballet, as this is my biggest passion in life, I sleep, eat, live and breathe it. However, I don't think I dress like the typical dancer, you don't often see me in warm, comfy clothes that are more about function than style. Oh no, I like to wear snapbacks, sagging skinny jeans, stylish hoodies and a bomber jacket of whatever weight the weather demands.

So a question has been rolling around my head for a while. "I can't be the only person here who likes to sag but has interests that don't fit the stereotypes that quite often go along with it."

So I ask you, what are you into?

• Like 3
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't fit the stereotypes because I really don't care much about how I dress, I'll wear what's comfortable and whatever I like much more than style. 

Wow. This thread made me pretty sad until the 3rd page. I'm straight but like sagging, I don't believe that makes me an automatic gay? If it does than I better take the engagement ring back! Stra

Don't worry. I love snapbacks, sagging and all...but I listen Symphonic Metal music, and some Rap music, and Classic Music. I love sewing, growing plants and playing the bass, and I work as a video ga

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Pokemon said:

I don't fit the stereotypes because I really don't care much about how I dress, I'll wear what's comfortable and whatever I like much more than style. 

So do you sag bro?

Guest saggbboo
13 hours ago, saggin said:

My interests have never seemed to have any relation to each other. Said interests include Sagging, Classic films, Opera, Musical Theatre, Hairdressing, Sewing, Art, and Ballet.

The most important I would say is ballet, as this is my biggest passion in life, I sleep, eat, live and breathe it. However, I don't think I dress like the typical dancer, you don't often see me in warm, comfy clothes that are more about function than style. Oh no, I like to wear snapbacks, sagging skinny jeans, stylish hoodies and a bomber jacket of whatever weight the weather demands.

So a question has been rolling around my head for a while. "I can't be the only person here who likes to sag but has interests that don't fit the stereotypes that quite often go along with it."

Honestly dude you sound like a sterotypical gay guy... For me I find very few queer men in science... Not to mention saggers in science. Like try to find someone else that loves to deal with the earth system, infectious diseases, radiology, virology and sagging. I'm one kind of a weirdo if you ask me. 

PS try sagging under a lab coat hahahaha impossible.

This is actually a fascinating thread because i never really thought about correlation and interests both combined. Like for instance, if you like cars does that make you more straight and macho? I find interior design interesting. Does that make me less straight or macho?  

Certain interests/hobbies that people have can lead to many stereotypical assumptions when indeed, this is not always the case.

As for sagging, it's pretty neat to see half-ass and below-ass sags and of course sag like that. I also LOVE double sags but mainly with boxers and gym shorts. Believe me i know that's unusual because, boxerbriefs are usually the preferred choice.

@SexySaggerYo his wet double sag vid was amazing :) I have a vast collection of wristbands. Just gotta choose and wear one for every sociable occasion, even work. Love all the different varieties and colours. You guys may think that's weird but not me lol :blushing: funny enough, i ordered a silver bracelet and it arrived today. Only cost me £1.99. Looks fab and fits well.

• Like 1

Don't worry. I love snapbacks, sagging and all...but I listen Symphonic Metal music, and some Rap music, and Classic Music. I love sewing, growing plants and playing the bass, and I work as a video game developper.

That's what makes humans cool : we can be surprising and have interests in several things.

You're completely normal, just enjoy what you love !

• Like 3
  • Love 1

To be honest, I don't see any contradiction at all! According to my experiences, sagging fits with pretty much everything, really. However, I can understand your feelings as I was dealing with them a few years back until I've come to the conclusion that sagging is found in all sorts of settings, situations and groups of people. Whether it be a banker, waiter, a ballet dancer or a lower class guy who may work at a supermarket on saturdays. I've seen sagging in every kind of person, so please do not worry at all.

• Like 1

Queer or straight is often identified with some typical behaviours. That doesnt mean you can have only behaviour from one catagory. I think every one has mixed interests.

I am not a typical queer gay guy: I like Formula 1 car racing, mud runs, rollar coasters, adrenaline sports, heavy metal, hard techno music, and i hate the music of Rihanna and all the other girl-stars-whom-like queers-so-much.

But i have queer behaviours as: fashion, sewing, i like to dress up, hairdressing, i like the extravaganza gay prides, i prefer liqueurs above beer, and i like boys butts ;)

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Rekhel said:

Don't worry. I love snapbacks, sagging and all...but I listen Symphonic Metal music, and some Rap music, and Classic Music. I love sewing, growing plants and playing the bass, and I work as a video game developper.

That's what makes humans cool : we can be surprising and have interests in several things.

You're completely normal, just enjoy what you love !

You might not be queer but, classic... Really. That makes you something else ;)

• Like 2

Contrasts make us multidimensional. Really insightful thread here!
Cool to get to know you guys better. Besides sagging... I'm a social science geek and like to paint/draw, just to name a few. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've always felt the same way; a techie turned software developer and like movies and gaming. Basically your stereotypical nerd. Same as most are my friends. But as long as no one's somehow getting hurt, I say you do you.

Great thread btw

• Like 1
On 29 May 2017 at 10:00 AM, TheOther1 said:

He's a unique sagger and clearly talented in his trade :) 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest saggbboo
On 5/29/2017 at 2:00 AM, TheOther1 said:

I makes him a vampire of the night!

On 25/05/2017 at 9:33 AM, saggin said:

My answer would be that you are split between two worlds, you want to be part of each, one is gay and one is a straight one (of a sort).

We live in a straight world. As such no where is entirely or predominantly anything other than straight. Social conformity tells you what you should be straight, but buried in your subconscious mind is the want to live the gay/effeminate life the way it is depicted in society, after all that is what you identify with (hence the ballet etc).

Of course, this is only one of two reasons you do this. The other is that your personality (which is gender neutral for everyone) finds these 'hobbies' appealing. 

Special point: This is true for even the most suppressed homosexuals. Those whom their whole lives are consumed with denying to themselves and others that they are gay, they are uncontrollably as camp as can be but stop at nothing to resist it and convince everyone they are straight, including the wife and three kids. Yet, their occupation is hairdresser!? It must outlet somewhere you see.

You really believe being gay has anything to do with being 'effeminate', or that truly straight boys cannot be effeminate? Gays and straight, masculine or not, can like ballet or be hairdressers. Odd pseudofreudian prejudices.

• Like 3
Guest saggbboo
7 hours ago, Krister said:

You really believe being gay has anything to do with being 'effeminate', or that truly straight boys cannot be effeminate? Gays and straight, masculine or not, can like ballet or be hairdressers. Odd pseudofreudian prejudices.

OOOOOOO it's getting hot in here!

Guest saggbboo
On 7/7/2017 at 0:57 PM, SBJB said:

My answer would be that you are split between two worlds, you want to be part of each, one is gay and one is a straight one (of a sort).

We live in a straight world. As such no where is entirely or predominantly anything other than straight. Social conformity tells you what you should be straight, but buried in your subconscious mind is the want to live the gay/effeminate life the way it is depicted in society, after all that is what you identify with (hence the ballet etc).

Of course, this is only one of two reasons you do this. The other is that your personality (which is gender neutral for everyone) finds these 'hobbies' appealing. 

Special point: This is true for even the most suppressed homosexuals. Those whom their whole lives are consumed with denying to themselves and others that they are gay, they are uncontrollably as camp as can be but stop at nothing to resist it and convince everyone they are straight, including the wife and three kids. Yet, their occupation is hairdresser!? It must outlet somewhere you see.

Well if we are going to use this logic I think at flameboard would be flaming... wait that's too ironic. lol

17 hours ago, Krister said:

You've misunderstood me, intentionally. Conquer your fears and you will see.

9 hours ago, SBJB said:

You've misunderstood me, intentionally. Conquer your fears and you will see.

Okay, what are you talking about? Your comment said that gay guys are basically effeminate and flamboyant by nature and that the "straight" world doesn't accept that.

Also, have you ever seen what male ballet dancers do, if you want hyper-masculinity look no further! We mainly jump really high and carry girls around. The gender roles are pretty strong and pretty straight.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, saggin said:

Okay, what are you talking about? Your comment said that gay guys are basically effeminate and flamboyant by nature and that the "straight" world doesn't accept that.

Also, have you ever seen what male ballet dancers do, if you want hyper-masculinity look no further! We mainly jump really high and carry girls around. The gender roles are pretty strong and pretty straight.

No, that isn't what I said, it's what you heard, and that says something about you. I can't break it down anymore than that. Literally, try reading it again upside down, it may allow you to come at it from a different angle.

There is nothing to say that anyone can't like anything they want, of course. But alongside freedom of expression comes something more dominant. It's called 'social acceptance'. You may think that you know to what extent this plays a part in your life, but most likely you don't. Think much, much deeper.

I have seen what ballet dancers can do. It's a shame that arguably one of the most demanding, talented and artistic dances is mostly seen as something that only women should enjoy.

It isn't relevant whether or not ballet is a masculine dance, it is considered by the masses as a girly/gay thing, so that's what it is, until it changes in the future.

The answer to your first post is really already there, in the fact that you asked it in the first place.

Edit: Just re-read your first post. The only thing in your 'interests' that doesn't 'relate' to the rest in the list is the sagging.

I did once try to start a thread here about the reasons behind why people sag. Not surprisingly, it got no where. It isn't a fashion statement, not at its core anyway. I think it may be more to do with sexual expression. I don't just say that because sagging is about showing underwear, which is kinda sexual in any case. But if you look at the people that sag; their age, gender and sexual orientation (not the one they tell you they are, the real one). It seems deep.

• 4 weeks later...