All white sag golden undies

What's with American's saying 'no homo' all the time? Are they doing it because they're actually worried someone is about to call the gay for something they just said, or is it just like throwing out a random communal catch-phrase like 'yes g', 'what's good', 'put it there bru', 'god bless', 'laters', etc?

• Confused 2

This is not appealing at all, in my opinion. 
I don't like his style of clothes. It's like showing off with the amount of money that one has. 

As said, this is my opinion. Don't mean to start a verbal riot here :) x 

2 hours ago, Arthiel said:

I don't like his style of clothes. It's like showing off with the amount of money that one has. 

Hmm…I see what you're saying.  But, that is not really expensive clothing.  At least, it's not worth a lot to me.

On 22/01/2018 at 12:57 PM, Arthiel said:

Well that's unusual. Most people find celebrities hot, partly because they are wearing clothes that they themselves can not afford. So I'm guessing you also find celebrities in expensive clothing hot, but not none-celebrities/peers in expensive clothing hot?

10 hours ago, SBJB said:

Well that's unusual. Most people find celebrities hot, partly because they are wearing clothes that they themselves can not afford. So I'm guessing you also find celebrities in expensive clothing hot, but not none-celebrities/peers in expensive clothing hot?

This isn't a celebrity right? And I'm not finding people hot on the type of clothes they wear to be honest. I'm a kind of person that looks more to the attitude. Even a person with the least amount of money, can be the most attractive one. 
I'm not the sort that cares a lot about the materialistic. Ok, agreed. You need to have some stuff in your life but you need to decide yourself what you want more. 

5 hours ago, Arthiel said:

This isn't a celebrity right? And I'm not finding people hot on the type of clothes they wear to be honest. I'm a kind of person that looks more to the attitude. Even a person with the least amount of money, can be the most attractive one. 
I'm not the sort that cares a lot about the materialistic. Ok, agreed. You need to have some stuff in your life but you need to decide yourself what you want more. 

But most people do find materialist things appealing on those they desire and themselves. Why do you suppose that is?

1 hour ago, SBJB said:

But most people do find materialist things appealing on those they desire and themselves. Why do you suppose that is?

I guess since you're asking, I don't think anybody actually finds materialism attractive nor appealing.  I can at least agree with Arthiel on that.  It's a kind of putrid, convoluted association with the notion of people's things--actually sinful.

4 minutes ago, SaggerMatt said:

I guess since you're asking, I don't think anybody actually finds materialism attractive nor appealing.  I can at least agree with Arthiel on that.  It's a kind of putrid, convoluted association with the notion of people's things--actually sinful.

I think you undermined yourself with the sinful part at the end. 

What are we talking about here; whether or not people who have a high desire for materialistic things are more or less attractive because of that desire. Or people looking better or the same in expensive material things?

For the former I would say it's inherent for people to be this way, to some extent. As for why most people dislike others being materialistic, isn't that just jealousy? 

@SBJB, as said in my first comment .. I did not mean to start a verbal riot here.. Which is exactly what you are doing. 
Just accept people's opinions, just like you have one of your own..  Why need to be so aggressive on it? Pardon me for my English if it's not correctly written, but I'm not English. 

I've just stated my opinion. That's all I did. Please, look up to my first post in this topic and read it again. There's no need to go fussing about everything. 
Let's keep it fun for everyone :) 

Cheers! x 

12 hours ago, Arthiel said:

Amen to that. I believe what you're also expressing here @Arthiel is that it IS actually fine to live a decent, content lifestyle within your means.

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, SBJB said:

I think you undermined yourself with the sinful part at the end. 

What are we talking about here; whether or not people who have a high desire for materialistic things are more or less attractive because of that desire. Or people looking better or the same in expensive material things?

For the former I would say it's inherent for people to be this way, to some extent. As for why most people dislike others being materialistic, isn't that just jealousy? 

Hmm…I don't really get into the topic any further.  I don't really explore the possibilities of materialism or get into it myself, because of religious reasons.  It's kind of exploring why people get into sinful behavior, and my religion takes care of that for me.  I did want to agree and say I find it appalling though.

• 4 weeks later...