20 hours ago, SaggersRhot said:

People are being too relaxed about the virus. I was at a park today walking and I wore a mask the entire time. There must of been maybe 40 people at the park and I was the only person wearing a mask! People take the attitude that just because they are outside, they don't need to wear a mask. 

Around here, we're free to not wear masks outdoors if we stay 6' or more from other people.  Otherwise, masks are both necessary and required - which is good.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sagger Party High council is discussin to convene sagger party early,  Quarinteen in house till this is over.  Drink massive amounts of Corona and set up fans only businesses to pay rent buy condoms a

Stay in sagging guy 

Posted Images

The difficulty that we're faced with when returning to work apart from the 'new norm' is continuing to adhere to the two metre social distancing rule.

It is going to be hard keeping your distance from others. For example, surrounded by tons of commuters on public transport. 

I work in a small shop. What happens if a group of people come in at once. Do I kick em out? 

Then ofcourse the additional health & safety measures that must be implemented during each shift to protect everyone. Cash handling worries, Changing room (customers may not be allowed to use them for obvious reasons) all surfaces constantly wiped down throughout. Gloves frequently changed & disposed of accordingly.

Personally, i would prefer not to wear a mask unless the Govt decide to make it mandatory. You need one first! I would throw on a loose scarf/bandana to cover mouth.

It will be a slow process to get anywhere close to life before the pandemic, unfortunately. Gotta take it one step at a time.

Stay safe & indoors (for now)

Lee 

In Pennsylvania you are encouraged to wear a mask when outside but you can not go into any store or public building without a mask on. The stores have workers at the entrance and they don't let you in without a mask.

1 hour ago, SaggersRhot said:

In Pennsylvania you are encouraged to wear a mask when outside but you can not go into any store or public building without a mask on. The stores have workers at the entrance and they don't let you in without a mask.

I totally understand that you have to wear the mask... PPE is short enough as it is. The NHS frontline staff come first. Our Govt is still in the decision stages regarding this issue. It's likely that The UK will fall in line with other countries.

We will need to see what Boris Johnson says. The Lockdown is expected to be extended this coming Thursday. 

5 hours ago, Pokemon said:

You've always been one of the most level headed people here, but yeah I hate this opinion. The if I get it I get it argument doesnt work since it doesnt just effect you it effects everyone you come in contact with, someone's mom, grandparents etc. hell think of your own grandfather, imagine someone else doesn't give a **** and has the virus and they infect him so he gets it. People need to stop seeing the masks and quarantine as a protection against themselves and more of one protecting other people. But people suck and think their own lives matter more than anyone else's . 

But the entire world can't grind to a halt because we are worried about keeping the tiny percentage who the virus will actually impact.  

The UK for example along with many other countries is going to be hundreds of billion in debt. Each death is costing millions, whilst businesses won't survive, whilst individuals will struggle. If it wasn't for the government paying 80% of peoples salaries as an encouragement for businesses to not lay them off, the unemployment rate would be ridiculously high. 

I also think government individuals are so concerned about their reputation and public appearance (as it affects their career) that they basically have to do what the public want otherwise they will be slated. So they dare rush back into normalisation at risk of being told they are putting the economy before lives. Its the one thing I like about Trump, he just says whatever he wants. 

Some people are saying though that lockdown shouldn't end till all deaths have stopped. Not sure what we do about all the deaths that are killing people from everything else though... The majority. 

I don't think you can social distance for the rest of the year, so don't see what choices we have. 

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, TheOther1 said:

But the entire world can't grind to a halt because we are worried about keeping the tiny percentage who the virus will actually impact.  

The UK for example along with many other countries is going to be hundreds of billion in debt. Each death is costing millions, whilst businesses won't survive, whilst individuals will struggle. If it wasn't for the government paying 80% of peoples salaries as an encouragement for businesses to not lay them off, the unemployment rate would be ridiculously high. 

I also think government individuals are so concerned about their reputation and public appearance (as it affects their career) that they basically have to do what the public want otherwise they will be slated. So they dare rush back into normalisation at risk of being told they are putting the economy before lives. Its the one thing I like about Trump, he just says whatever he wants. 

Some people are saying though that lockdown shouldn't end till all deaths have stopped. Not sure what we do about all the deaths that are killing people from everything else though... The majority. 

I don't think you can social distance for the rest of the year, so don't see what choices we have. 

The Govt Job Retention scheme will carry on into June, but the Treasury reckons that the coffers will be depleted by July.

Meanwhile, businesses are shutting everywhere left, right & centre. As expected people are anxious about the future. Global economies across the globe have retracted to (in many places) worst on record.

This is what the Chinese sent in retaliation Trump's comments. They made a Lego animation video depicting communication made between the US & China. did anyone see it?

I find it utterly offensive!! How the Chinese can poke fun out of the pandemic...

This was the article *scroll down for video* 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8280655/Once-virus-China-mocks-response-coronavirus-crisis-Lego-like-animation.html#article-8280655

Makes me angry 😠

Edited by Lee249
15 minutes ago, Lee249 said:

The Govt Job Retention scheme will carry on into June, but the Treasury reckons that the coffers will be depleted by July.

And we will be paying it back for the rest of our lives...

On a personal note, all this government throwing cash everywhere hasn't helped me. I'm waiting on the housing market to crash. The 2008 market crash took house prices down 10-15%. Would be the perfect opportunity to buy a house. 

But nothings happened.. Yet anyway. 

Found the animation quite funny tbh. I'm not gonna get annoyed over the virus. Got enough things to stress over in addition to hearing about the virus absolutely everywhere. Can't even go onto an adult website without seeing mentions of the virus! 😂

44 minutes ago, TheOther1 said:

And we will be paying it back for the rest of our lives...

On a personal note, all this government throwing cash everywhere hasn't helped me. I'm waiting on the housing market to crash. The 2008 market crash took house prices down 10-15%. Would be the perfect opportunity to buy a house. 

But nothings happened.. Yet anyway. 

Found the animation quite funny tbh. I'm not gonna get annoyed over the virus. Got enough things to stress over in addition to hearing about the virus absolutely everywhere. Can't even go onto an adult website without seeing mentions of the virus! 😂

Adult sites... Which ones precisely 😛  @TheOther1

Our generation & the next will have to pay it all back. More than likely gradual tax increases further down the line.

Well... All said & done. However, if & when the Housing Market does slump, you're skint from the drop in income & savings from staying afloat. Any deposit would be way off! 

Were you looking to get onto the property ladder? I would try next year at the earliest 😂

15 minutes ago, Lee249 said:

Adult sites... Which ones precisely 😛  @TheOther1

Our generation & the next will have to pay it all back. More than likely gradual tax increases further down the line.

Well... All said & done. However, if & when the Housing Market does slump, you're skint from the drop in income & savings from staying afloat. Any deposit would be way off! 

Were you looking to get onto the property ladder? I would try next year at the earliest 😂

I'm still working from home, with the reduced fuel consumption as not driving to work, I'm saving more.. I'm doing well, just gotta wait for the right time. 

2 hours ago, TheOther1 said:

All I'm saying is wear a mask or cover the face if you're outside. Its such a minor inconvenience that can save someone's life and it baffles me people act like its such a chore. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, TheOther1 said:

I'm still working from home, with the reduced fuel consumption as not driving to work, I'm saving more.. I'm doing well, just gotta wait for the right time. 

My bro works for BT in Sheffield. He's classified as a key worker working from his house doing 12 hour shifts.

Just gotta check in with eachother from time to time. Keep in touch with everyone.

Spoke to my boss today. It was good to hear a familiar voice ☺️

The right time will come mate. That is a very good point! In regards to saving on fuel. Glad you're doing well. Keep positive.

Lee 

7 hours ago, Pokemon said:

All I'm saying is wear a mask or cover the face if you're outside. Its such a minor inconvenience that can save someone's life and it baffles me people act like its such a chore. 

Well I've only been out a handful of times other than my daily walk. On the walk I hold my breath as I walk past people if there wasn't enough space to be further apart. If someone can catch or I can catch the virus with my mouth shut and nose not inhaling for the couple of seconds I walk past.... Well I'll be damned. But no way I'm going out on a walk and wearing a mark. Id rather have the fresh air. 

9 hours ago, TheOther1 said:

Well I've only been out a handful of times other than my daily walk. On the walk I hold my breath as I walk past people if there wasn't enough space to be further apart. If someone can catch or I can catch the virus with my mouth shut and nose not inhaling for the couple of seconds I walk past.... Well I'll be damned. But no way I'm going out on a walk and wearing a mark. Id rather have the fresh air. 

Oh yeah that's fine then. 

• 5 weeks later...

This virus is a huge pain in the a$$. 40 million people out of work. 240,000 cases. Hurdreds of thousands dead. No money coming in. People fighting and rioting. This is way out of control. I had a good job at a funeral home and was let go because I was the newest person hired so when they needed to let 3 workers go, me and two others got laidoff. I'm starting to go crazy I feel sometime. I've not had work since March 13. I feel so useless now. I don't know the day sometime. I need to get work again. I filed for unemployment but because so many did at the same time, I'm still waiting for my first check. I've been living off my savings but that won't last forever. How are things with you?

Day after day more deaths are recorded & more grim figures are announced.

I aim fire at the Chinese for not establishing communication with the WHO much sooner. If anyone is to blame it's them! I will stick by that opinion.

Such a shame that even now, they are ignorant. They need to be accountable for their stupid mistake.

6 hours ago, Pabsman2024 said:

The orange oompa loompa that is charge of the United States is blaming the Democrats and the Chinese for it 

The orange face t*** should not have been voted into office in the first place. BRING BACK OBAMA. That guy was the business. He cared for folk out in the communities. This guy had compassion... He gave a damn.

Let's vote for the barbedoll slapper & the disgusting president out of office.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Lee249 said:

Day after day more deaths are recorded & more grim figures are announced.

I aim fire at the Chinese for not establishing communication with the WHO much sooner. If anyone is to blame it's them! I will stick by that opinion.

Such a shame that even now, they are ignorant. They need to be accountable for their stupid mistake.

Ridiculous  to try and blame on Chinese.   Blame game for a virus is a fools errand which our idiotic president continues to be engaged in.  Sure Chinese  should have been a little more free with info and weren't.   Nothing they could have done to stop it without fully locking down everyone.  It would have spread regardless.  

Similar stupidity between states here.  People are harassing those with out of state plates.  

It is worldwide,  we just need to deal with it.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, jace said:

Ridiculous  to try and blame on Chinese.   Blame game for a virus is a fools errand which our idiotic president continues to be engaged in.  Sure Chinese  should have been a little more free with info and weren't.   Nothing they could have done to stop it without fully locking down everyone.  It would have spread regardless.  

Similar stupidity between states here.  People are harassing those with out of state plates.  

It is worldwide,  we just need to deal with it.  

The virus spread because it was not contained in Whuan. The WHO failed to notify everyone what was transpiring. They allowed it to spread.

3 hours ago, Pabsman2024 said:

And Trump blames the Democrats for everything why no doesn't listen to him

Trump has no morals. I'm flabbergasted that he was elected into office.

Like i've said before, the Obamas were the best thing the US has had in recent memory. They established Obama care - similar to our NHS system. The guy is a family guy he actually gives a monkeys.

Trump has since wanted to abolish it & force Americans to pay for private health insurance, which is outrageous! If you end up in hospital, you're gonna have to fork out for it. 

Trump is just a businessman a suit. He doesn't understand politics. All about the readies & fame 💰💰💰 He prefers to make enemies rather than intequate allies. The only thing I agree with is his stance on the virus.

Lee

On 6/8/2020 at 2:17 PM, Pabsman2024 said:

The orange oompa loompa that is charge of the United States is blaming the Democrats and the Chinese for it 

That’s definitely one way to describe him. Best one I’ve heard so far....

• Like 1

I am getting too tired of this tbh. The height of the virus appears to be in South America giving the rest of the world hope that it's losing its grip.

I may recieve a call back to work! 

On 6/15/2020 at 2:13 AM, Lee249 said:

I am getting too tired of this tbh. The height of the virus appears to be in South America giving the rest of the world hope that it's losing its grip.

I may recieve a call back to work! 

Going to reply on my comment. As of today the UK death toll recorded it's biggest drop which is significant.

Lets lift lock down fully now the shops are reopening. Get the economy going. Now is the time to strike back 💪🙂

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Still getting used to them god forsaken masks. I think the UK acted rather late in regards to  these new restrictions. Kinda mishandled it. Now we're a joke!

I WILL be cancelling my flight to China. Don't want to be infected or drop dead thanks.