Lee249

Face coverings/masks

Hi everyone,

The UK recently made it mandatory to wear a face covering on public transport & enclosed spaces where social distancing can't be observed (effective 15 June)

Like so many countries in the world this is our 'New Norm' along with PPE & other measures enforced to keep us all safe.

I have seen so many intriguing mouth covering/mask designs that it is becoming almost like a fashion statement.

Personally, neck warmers for me are the best rather than masks themselves.

This is one i wear alot it's my fave - Stars 😀IMG_20200708_210209.thumb.jpg.2f73c853fb6f5909fdba944e24e498d3.jpg

I bought a camofladged inspired mask but, it was thrown into the washing machine. The polyester material made me almost spew at the smell over my mouth.

Anyone got funky coverings or masks? Show them pics here 👇

Edited by Lee249

1 minute ago, CJS90 said:

I hate wearing masks as it is affects my autism 

Are the rules relaxed in the states for those with health conditions in regards to this?

It's a difficult one. Many people are unable to wear anything going onto public transport & yet refused travel. Eventhough people such as yourself have a valid reason.

The real question is.... How do you prove to the driver that you're telling the truth? A docs certificate? Some exemption pass? 

I am surprised that issue has not been raised for the Govt to answer.

11 minutes ago, Lee249 said:

Are the rules relaxed in the states for those with health conditions in regards to this?

It's a difficult one. Many people are unable to wear anything going onto public transport & yet refused travel. Eventhough people such as yourself have a valid reason.

The real question is.... How do you prove to the driver that you're telling the truth? A docs certificate? Some exemption pass? 

I am surprised that issue has not been raised for the Govt to answer.

nope here all people must wear a mask no exceptions and i do from a test i took when i was in school and its on file with my doc

Just now, TheOther1 said:

Seen plenty of people on busses without them. 

Well that should not be happening because it's against the law to allow anyone travel without some form of covering. Unless under 5 or they have breathing difficulties or other serious respiratory illness.

As stipulated above, do you have an answer for that? Why our Govt. Is failing not only the Track & Trace App which tbh sucked from the off.

They failed to reach their daily target deadline of 1000 tests in the first two months. Not to mention his cabinet members going walk abouts from one end of the country to another whilst we're all locked up indoors.

Today, was a breakthrough... Spend £20 exactly on food alone have 50% knocked off your bill. It has to be the exact amount (catch) it is a good incentive tbh. Make sure the tenner is discounted.

Too many dine for two M&S adverts haha

28 minutes ago, TheOther1 said:

Seen plenty of people on busses without them. 

including me as i have asthma and have my inhaler at all times just in case i have shortage of breath

18 minutes ago, CJS90 said:

nope here all people must wear a mask no exceptions and i do from a test i took when i was in school and its on file with my doc

I'm so sorry you have been treated in this way! I mean you have rights too. Although the individual state Govs are partially to blame for their own lockdown timing & decisions made. It still falls to the president.

Trump has always been a businessman.

I get that it's imperative to kickstart the economy. NOT for the expense of innocent American lives. He only cares about himself & his popularity! His ratings have dropped drastically. His supports have lost faith. 

He handled this pandemic wrong. Both him & that Brazilian t*** in South America who never imposed a lockdown! Guess what... He tested positive 😱

New US president in November.

10 minutes ago, Lee249 said:

I'm so sorry you have been treated in this way! I mean you have rights too. Although the individual state Govs are partially to blame for their own lockdown timing & decisions made. It still falls to the president.

Trump has always been a businessman.

I get that it's imperative to kickstart the economy. NOT for the expense of innocent American lives. He only cares about himself & his popularity! His ratings have dropped drastically. His supports have lost faith. 

He handled this pandemic wrong. Both him & that Brazilian t*** in South America who never imposed a lockdown! Guess what... He tested positive 😱

New US president in November.

😭

30 minutes ago, Lee249 said:

Well that should not be happening because it's against the law to allow anyone travel without some form of covering. Unless under 5 or they have breathing difficulties or other serious respiratory illness.

As stipulated above, do you have an answer for that? Why our Govt. Is failing not only the Track & Trace App which tbh sucked from the off.

The why is simple. People don't follow laws. From driving laws, drug laws, people minder launder, rape, kill, terrorism, fraud etc. 

If people don't care, they won't wear one. 

Though whilst I haven't been on a bus in several years, considering how empty they are, especially the double decker near me. I'm not surprised people aren't wearing them. What's the point if the nearest person is half way down the bus. Go to a supermarket and be within a couple of foot of someone. 

15 minutes ago, Lukey said:

including me as i have asthma and have my inhaler at all times just in case i have shortage of breath

Sorry to hear that Luke. I had no idea you are athsmatic ☹️ see, the lack of info puts lots of people in danger.

I have been 'shielding' myself which basically means, none or little interaction with the outside public because of underlying health issues.

Obviously, i have often been outside for fresh air. Walks, runs, groceries etc. But not much social interaction with others which has caused me anxiety & bouts of depression.

On the brightside, I spoke to my area manager who was absolutely amazing! Seriously. Gave me so much support in regards to returning to work.

I am still incredibly anxious, because i have a picture in my head of what to expect. It's just starting all over that scares me more after all these months.

6 minutes ago, TheOther1 said:

Though whilst I haven't been on a bus in several years, considering how empty they are, especially the double decker near me. I'm not surprised people aren't wearing them. What's the point if the nearest person is half way down the bus. Go to a supermarket and be within a couple of foot of someone. 

Double deckers were taken out of service here ages ago, because they weren't cost effective taking into account passenger levels & fuel costs to run the service.

Which kinda proves your point.

Such a shame though! Fond memories running up the steps half-cut enroute to work after a crazy night out (fell down one or two) 😊

Just wear it around your neck and only pull it up around people. Unless you have a health condition it's really not as bad as people make it out to be. 

43 minutes ago, jjbaria19 said:

20200509_042247.thumb.jpg.5f9b938bc9e4ee741a65453e0b81e6f3.jpg20200508_183957.thumb.jpg.1afd307d63ce9cfd8f8ddcbc93345307.jpg

it comes with a ballgag underneath. 😆 kidding! 😆😆😆

Lol awesome pics dude 👌

My Yellowstone National Park face covering. Face Covering has been mandatory in the state of Illinois since May 1st and it been helping with lower cases numbers 

15942563245281336828580156481669.jpg

On 7/16/2020 at 2:12 PM, Pabsman2024 said:

A huge underwear and socks manufacturer are now making face mask

15949050871183430584454725453475.jpg

Wow, that's interesting thanks.

9 minutes ago, jace said:

who has  hott mask suggestions for a sagger? 

Jace, you inspire me mate. Did you see my status? I'm hoping next summer to get an invite to one of your sag parties (if you plan one) 

Back to work in two weeks, so should have a well deserved break by then 😁

On the subject, i find that neck warmers to be more beneficial as a face covering rather than masks tbh.

Ps, without contradicting what i just wrote. I actually bought a camoflaged mask. It's the proper business! like it. Should get some interest from the public haha 😏

Will post a pic later. 

On 7/20/2020 at 2:47 AM, Lee249 said:

Jace, you inspire me mate. Did you see my status? I'm hoping next summer to get an invite to one of your sag parties (if you plan one) 

Back to work in two weeks, so should have a well deserved break by then 😁

On the subject, i find that neck warmers to be more beneficial as a face covering rather than masks tbh.

Ps, without contradicting what i just wrote. I actually bought a camoflaged mask. It's the proper business! like it. Should get some interest from the public haha 😏

Will post a pic later. 

Sorry Lee missed your status,  until now, Cool to hear I inspire!   Plan is to resume sagger party next summer.   There is a possible we will have 1 over Halloween this year,  if things calm down, but will be a bit more on the chill side.   

I have a camo mask too!  its my go to