Age of consent

Disclaimer: I have no intention to start a war, simply I'm interested in the opinion of others' so keep it civil

https://twitter.com/h0ezil/status/1339703439102754816

Here is this post on twitter, grinder conversation where a stranger says he is looking for young 16-year-old twinks and the poster of the tweet responded with saying it isn't right. Most of those that commentet on the tweet agreed with the statement that having sex with 16-year-olds isn't right.

So I'm curious what y'all think about it. The age of consent is lower in the EU than in the US, in EU it ranges 14-16 (with Ireland alone being 17), in US it ranges from 16-18. In the UK where the poster is from the AoC is 16. Even tho it's legal for someone older than 16 to have sex with a 16-year-old (even if that person is 40), should it be changed or should it be kept the way it is? Also in the EU some countries AoC is 14 or lower in some cases, for example I'm Hungarian and while the AoC is 14 official, we have multiple of them (12,14,18) and we use a "border system", where you can have sex legally within your own age group and those bordering you. (Actually no one is allowed to have sex with anyone under 12, but if you are under 14 you are immune to Statutory rape so in regality you can).
So what do you think? (I'm really curious about the opinion of British people as the post came from England)

As a rule I think it is best not to rush, or feel pressured, into these things. But I get that people have natural urges and curiosity. There are probably loads of teenagers having sex with each other where one might be just above and the other just below the age of consent. Unless something bad happened there is likely to be no public interest in enforcing the law. Big age gaps between consenting adults often raises eyebrows here in the UK as it is less common - but a 30 year old and a 50 year old does not make me feel as uncomfortable as a 16 year old and a 36 year old. I've always felt it is best to let very young adults experiment with each other and let them work out over time what they really want from life. There are always one off exceptions but these matters are really about law and morality. 

• Like 2

It should be illegal, plain and simple.  I don't give a **** if it's legal in whatever country you live in, if you're over 18 having sex with someone who is under 18, you're a disgusting pedophile. No if ands or buts.

12 being listed makes me want to vomit and makes me think less of Hungary in general. 

Okay but there's an issue. If a 17 year old a week before their birth day and an 18 year old a week after their have sex (so the age difference is 14 day) why is it not okay but okay 7 days later? Also a pedophile have sexual interest of a person pre-puberty (younger than 11-13ish), interest in someone under the age of 18 but after puberty is called ephebophilia, and actually it's pretty common, most teenager ephebophiles actually. 

If you sleep with teens as an adult you're still called a pedo, regardless if it's the dictionary definition or not. how many people do you think actually uses the term ephebophila?

I'll stand by it, if you're over 18 dont F**** people under 18, it's gross. Just wait the week instead lol. 

Imo the rules are there to protect when one of the two is <18yo and the age gap is more than say, 5 years. 
When the difference is less then 5 years I see it very different. My bf is 1,5 years younger than me. So when we met, 17 and 19 yo, I was a ‘pedo’ but now (19 and 21yo) I ain’t?

That doesn’t make any sense to me with less than 1,5 years of age difference. Never have I ever felt like something was wrong, neither has he. So why would the law say that there is something wrong with that. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

IMO it depends on the difference in age combined with the ages. If the younger person is younger than 18, then the older person shouldn’t be more than two or three years older than the younger person.

If age guidelines are met and it is legal where you reside and in a relationship,  then i really do not see an issue.   Hungary or England can set their own rules.  The US is not the controller of the world.   

Varying degrees of age should not make a difference.   If it is legal and one person is 80 and the other is 18 (teen) if they love each other or it is a partnership of convenience no one should care except for the 2 in the relationship.   Both are adults and both have the opportunity to leave or stay.  Not a big deal.   

We should not be getting into the way of legal relationships that we object to.  It is a slippery slope.   Gays are a target and if things swing back,  we could lose our rights again as many are repulsed at two guys together.

Just Sayin

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Lukey said:

I swear Pabsman2024 is a Peado? From what he explains etc... doesnt matter where ur from, hes an adult that goes out with a young teen, NOT ON! 

He's a troll tbh. Most of what he says is fake

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Pokemon said:

He's a troll tbh. Most of what he says is fake

OMG!!! Why would you even think about making that sort of behaviour up? He's a strange chap....

• 9 months later...