Ummmm, sorry for the odd post but anyone in the U.S. who actually does their taxes knows why it's taking so long to get refunds? I was supposed to get 1,238$ back on the 21st from the IRS after I did my federal taxes  but when I look up my status the IRS website says they don't know ..???  AM I being audited? What's the hold up?? WHERES MY MONEY?!?! lol

irs.png

2 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Can't get through. Wait times are crazy long 4 hours or more 

Mine says the same, tried calling and the wait time was insane. I should of gotten mine back March 15th, but they have been processing since March 8th 😕 

13 hours ago, cullenboi said:

Mine says the same, tried calling and the wait time was insane. I should of gotten mine back March 15th, but they have been processing since March 8th 😕 

Okay good so I ain't the only one :) That makes me feel better ! It must be a real big huge **** show at the IRS right now.

Sounds like a right bunch of w*****s if you ask me.

As with any Govt Dept. It always takes ages for them to process & catch up unfortunately. Their treatment of @Dillon & @Pabsman2024 is grossly negligable.

I find it despicable that claims cannot be fast-tracked for people who are in desperate need of financial support for christsakes. 

Edited by Lee249
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Lee249 said:

Sounds like a right bunch of w*****s if you ask me.

As with any Govt Dept. It always takes ages for them to process & catch up unfortunately. Their treatment of @Dillon & @Pabsman2024 is grossly negligable.

I find it despicable that claims cannot be fast-tracked for people who are in desperate need of financial support for christsakes. 

I agree bro, they need to get their **** together.  Ive never had a problem with taxes until now. Apparently the IRS are flagging a bunch of tax returns for identity issues 

• Sad 1

If you have already proven your identity then what's the hold up?

Jeeze... These suits. This is what the taxpayer pays for & the f*ckers can't do their jobs.  

• Love 1

I’m assuming that COVID-19 is giving excuses to staff who give people who did submit the taxes the money back in a later while. Think of it like waiting on reopening places... SMH!! But I did get taxes back, despite my aunt helped us the family with it.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Astg94 said:

I’m assuming that COVID-19 is giving excuses to staff who give people who did submit the taxes the money back in a later while. Think of it like waiting on reopening places... SMH!! But I did get taxes back, despite my aunt helped us the family with it.

Absolutely agree.

There appears to be some kinda glitch. I understand with the slowdown but, people have the right to funds. I can see their frustration & I'm not American.

It's the principle tbh. So sweet of your aunt ❤️ that kinda act is touching. Thank you @Astg94

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Lee249 said:

If you have already proven your identity then what's the hold up?

Jeeze... These suits. This is what the taxpayer pays for & the f*ckers can't do their jobs.  

Yeah I don't get it. They already know everything about you as is. Then they want to know who your dad's uncle's brother is and what state where your mom's mother was born... Ugh

56 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Yeah I don't get it. They already know everything about you as is. Then they want to know who your dad's uncle's brother is and what state where your mom's mother was born... Ugh

SERIOUSLY. That nonsense is irrelevant. Is the office near where you live?

I would go down there & wipe the smirks off their wrinkly faces. 

4 hours ago, Lee249 said:

SERIOUSLY. That nonsense is irrelevant. Is the office near where you live?

I would go down there & wipe the smirks off their wrinkly faces. 

They only doing appointments over the phone but of course the phone line is busy and then if you do get through it plays some automatic message and hangs up on you. 

I called my guy accountant he said there's nothing on my end. I'm not being audited or anything like that the IRS is still log jammed and backed up by about 2-6 months....

I haven't gotten my refund check yet I they said it was mailed out on april 2nd now it april 7th I have talked to my letter carrier they have them at the post office but they are so short staffed and the increase demand and they aren't allowed any overtime to get the **** out. It's time to privatize the USPS or have UPS or FedEx take over the United States Postal Service